So you have the numbers whether they be likes, followers, connections or subscribers – unless you engage with them the chances of turning them into customers, referrers and advocates
Engaging content has to be worked on but in this blog I give you a few ideas for helping you do just that. A reminder that you should write your content as if you were writing for one person – avoid using corporate speak and address your reader as if you were speaking directly to them. To that end also ensure that you write in the first person.
How to Engage
1. People want to know the real you. The people behind the brand. Keep in mind that social media is about building a community. In my experience the posts that reach furthest are those personal to me and consequently my followers. Diary entries – office photos – show them who they are following
2. Funnies are great everyone likes a good laugh, and it speaks to the personality of you and the company when they can let loose once in a while – a word of warning here you can use this too much.
4. Giveaways A great way to generate excitement and enhance brand awareness is to offer a giveaway. It’s also a great way to say “thank you” to your fans and brand advocates.
5. Competitions – set a competition – people love to win stuff and it doesnt have to be large or expensive prizes on offer – I recently won a bottle of Champagne nicely boxed and couriered to my door by a building maintenance company – You bet I have been singing their praises since! That prize ? around £12.00 online – A great investment by that company!
6. How – tos ! Put together a tutorial about some aspect of your business. It doesn’t have to be long and boring; even a quick 60 second video will do! People will search ‘how-to’ you providing the solution will set you as the go-to person in your industry.
8. Picture of the day – Found an inspiring place to travel? An incredible wonder of the world? Cute kitty pic? even some of your creative sunsets – we all have smart phones that have excellent quality cameras!
I hope that gives you a few more ideas for content and inviting engagement with you and your brand. Whatever the platform the more you engage the more successful you will be – You don’t have to be a born writer to put together effective communications or add blog posts or social updates to your online marketing efforts. All it takes is a bit of focus and attention to detail it will come with practice.
I just love speaking to you about how you can improve your Social Media Output – Put a call in to me or send me an email and I would love to meet up for a no obligation chat.